Sunday, April 5, 2015

Week 12: Persuasive Strategies

For my persuasive post on the community blog this week, I touched on some of the issues surrounding unpaid internships. I used the appeal of pathos by providing my own personal experience as well as relating it to my audience of college students. I used this appeal early on and throughout my post, hoping to get a reaction from the audience to gain their support.

My blog post exhibited ethos because I established credibility when I told the audience that I've experienced some of these issues first hand. However, one could argue that my post is one-dimensional and that it would be more credible if I included experience from other interns.

The hardest part of writing the community post this week was to use the appeal of logos. I had an idea of what I wanted to write about persuasively, but when it came to actually writing the post, I felt as though I was just stating facts/what I believed instead of making an argument. I think including the chart added to both logos and ethos because it came from a credible source.

The best way to connect with a blog and its reader is to establish credibility and appeal to emotions. It's crucial to make that connection with readers so they stick around and read your whole post . If you establish credibility and write well, your readers will keep coming back to listen to what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment