Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 6: Memoir Objectives

In writing this memoir, I'd like to think about and explore the questions I've had over the years: What does it mean to be an English major? Does it really matter what my degree is in when it comes to searching for a job?  If I'm not going into a STEM field, shouldn't my previous work experience and skills be enough to land a job in the field I want to go into?

I want to learn more about myself by answering these questions, even if the answers don't make it into my memoir.

I would hope that my readers will be able to relate to my situation. Maybe it's a millennial thing to feel a little lost when it comes to choosing a career. It starts early; for me the career "aptitude tests" started in middle school. I want to convey the idea that it's okay to feel that way because sometimes life has a way of working things out.

1 comment: