Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 5: Memoir Brainstorm

Death of my great grandmother
September 20, 2010: the first time I experienced a death that was close to home. I remember the day it happened like it was yesterday, and the week that followed still feels fresh in my mind. This experience was tough but I grew up a lot during this time.

Deciding on a major
I started school at OU in the fall of 2011 as an undecided student. After a few advising sessions, I decided the major/minor combo that would consume my life for the next three years. This time in my life was stressful--choosing something that would define the rest of your life. Going with your gut feeling works out sometimes.

Visiting the motherland
In the summer of 1998, my family took a trip to Macedonia. I was engrossed in the culture and also a bit miserable as a 5 year old who was used to all things American. This trip was one of the things I didn't appreciate until I was older. I learned a lot about myself and getting acclimated to the Macedonian lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. All of these are major events in your life; don't feel like you have to choose such a life-changing occurrence. Also, play around with setting - use flashbacks or shrink the span of time to a few seconds, minutes, etc.. all things that will help you relive the memory in order to share what you learned.

    ReplyDelete